We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend get away with Husband-Ideas?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Weekend get away with Husband-Ideas?

Thanks in advance for reading!! My husband and I will be leaving our son for the first time for a weekend get away. Would love some suggestions of places to eat for all meals, sites to visit/things to do, and spa locations. I will be 7.5 months pregnant so don't want to be walking all day or partying all night :) Good food and relaxation are my goals. Also, we will be staying at the Wyndham thanks to points. I hope that's an ok location!!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,129 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend get away with Husband-Ideas?

Hi Beach Girl,

You don't say when you're coming, what your interests are and what kind of food you like and budget so its hard to advise. Also guessing you mean the Wyndham Grand downtown (there is a Wyndham in Oakland as well.) More info would help people make recommendations. Also are you looking to walk to dinner or are you willing to drive? There are good places downtown (if that is indeed where you're staying) but my favorite places are in the East End or Lawrenceville, which require a car (cabs are rare in Pittsburgh.)

Also there are some day spas downtown, but I've never used any. If you search the forum I think you may find some recommendations. I remember a Girls Weekend/Bachelorette Party thread. But the best known spas (Sewickley and Pomponnee) are in the burbs.

Edited: 12 February 2014, 20:15
2. Re: Weekend get away with Husband-Ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2015, 06:20