We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pittsburgh Malls, Mall at Robinson or Ross Park Mall?

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vaughan, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pittsburgh Malls, Mall at Robinson or Ross Park Mall?

Hello, We are a family of 4 and planning to visit Pittsburgh for the first time in the upcoming week for a few days. Been checking online for best malls in Pittsburgh as that's our trip purpose to shop. It seems the Mall at Robinson and Ross Park Mall sounds favourable. We are leaning toward the Ross park mall since in sounds like a touristy and safe area to be. We are driving there and will be looking to stay in a hotel near the area. Is parking going to be a problem?

Thanks for any info. and replies.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
193 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pittsburgh Malls, Mall at Robinson or Ross Park Mall?

I recommend you stop at the Grove City outlets and then the Ross Park mall.

www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp…

You will pass the Grove City outlets as you drive south on Interstate 79 anyway, so you might as well stop and shop for awhile. The Ross Park mall will have all the high-end stores like Nordstrom, Tiffany, Louis Vuitton but there are also many other stores in the area around the mall.

Parking is free and plentiful at both malls.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pittsburgh Malls, Mall at Robinson or Ross Park Mall?

Both areas are equally safe, pretty equal in distance from the city, and have the same chain restaurants around them.

Pick whichever mall has more stores that are of interest to you. Also, Ross Park would allow you to stay on the north side of the city whereas Robinson is a little longer (albeit an easier) drive from Canada.

But the other poster is right, Grove City is far superior in selection and prices.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pittsburgh Malls, Mall at Robinson or Ross Park Mall?

I agree with the other posters that you definitely need to stop at the Prime Outlets in Grove City. They have the best prices and hundreds of stores for you to shop at (especially if this is your main purpose of coming to Pittsburgh). Many Canadians take weekend trips to Grove City and there are several safe hotels around the area along with a few restaurants as well.

You will be not be paying outlet prices at either the Mall at Robinson or Ross Park Mall. You may find some better deals at the Mall at Robinson since Ross Park has more high end stores. Keep in mind that there are also several shopping centers by both malls that include many other stores that may interest you...so you may want to research those shopping centers as well. I guess it depends on what you are actually shopping for to best determine which mall (and surrounding area) would be best for your needs.

Both areas are very safe and since the Mall at Robinson is closer to the airport, you would probably have more options for overnight stays. I also like the restaurant options in Robinson much better than by Ross Park.

Vaughan, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pittsburgh Malls, Mall at Robinson or Ross Park Mall?

Thank you to all replies.

We are planing on going to Grove City Premium outlet mall but we want do it on the drive back, to shorten our drive home. Our original plan was to go overnight and stay in Grove city but the area has very limited choice of hotels and restaurants. After reading on tripadvisor, we found that just one more hour of driving brings us to Pittsburgh and will give us more options with hotels, places to eat and more.

Which Mall is easier access from the freeway coming from Toronto? We are somewhat direction challenge and prefer the easier access one.

Thanks again.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pittsburgh Malls, Mall at Robinson or Ross Park Mall?

Ross Park Mall is very accessible from your location. There are MANY restaurants, stores and hotels nearby. I would shop, eat and stay on McKnight Rd.

Vaughan, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pittsburgh Malls, Mall at Robinson or Ross Park Mall?

Thank you very much to all of you. I already feel a bit comfortable about Pittsburgh already although it will be the first time there.

Still undecided between the 2 malls, both sound fabulous and I'm sure will offer us something....have checked out directions for both and they are same distance with Robinson mall being 5 mins further.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
117 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pittsburgh Malls, Mall at Robinson or Ross Park Mall?

Like most have said it really depends on what your shopping for. I'd say the only difference is Robinson has a IKEA and Ross Park has the high end stores. Hotels are plenty in Robinson so you may get better rates. Ross Park you can stay in cranberry as well 20 minutes away to give you a few more hotel options. But I would say Robinson is easier to find because it's all interstate driving I79 to 376. Getting to McKnight from 79 can be tricky for some.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pittsburgh Malls, Mall at Robinson or Ross Park Mall?

I'd have to disagree that Ross Park is more accessible. Robinson is just a couple miles off of 79. You'll be taking 79 South from Erie. You can literally set your cruise control in Erie and won't have to take a turn until you get off at 376 West.

As a native, I hate driving to/around Ross Park Mall, and I know where I'm going.

As PensFan71 said, check the plazas around the malls. You'll likely find your best deals in those locations.

One tip about Grove City. There's a reason there are fewer hotel options. It's a much smaller area. All of the hotels are within a mile of the mall and VERY accessible to the outlets. There's a decent Mexican restaurant (Compadres) and a Primanti Brothers (Pittsburgh-area chain) in Grove City that give you some good food options.

Vaughan, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pittsburgh Malls, Mall at Robinson or Ross Park Mall?

Thank you once again for replies.

Have viewed both malls on the net and we would be happy shopping at either one. Would be nice to check out all of those high end stores at Ross Park, but Robinson sound more like our cup of tea and since majority seem to think it's easier navigation and more hotel choices, we will opt to go here.

Everyone was very helpful. I'm sure we will have a great time in Pittsburgh!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
193 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pittsburgh Malls, Mall at Robinson or Ross Park Mall?

Another great dining option near the Grove City outlets is the Iron Bridge Inn. It gets outstanding reviews on Yelp although it's about 5 miles from the outlets so it gets more of a local crowd.

www.yelp.com/biz/iron-bridge-inn-mercer