We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from downtown to Latrobe

Oviedo,FL
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best route from downtown to Latrobe

I'm going to Steeler camp. My phone tells me to take 376 to 22 through murrysville. As an alternative I could take 376, exit at route 30 and drive through Irwin and Greensburg. Which way has less traffic or construction?

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
117 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route from downtown to Latrobe

Hello, I use both ways but I went to Latrobe earlier this week using I376 to I76 to rt30east and it was fine. I376 to rt22east isn't bad, but will depend on day and time your going. I76 is a toll road and I66 is also a toll road if you would take rt22.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route from downtown to Latrobe

I grew up in the eastern suburbs and went to school at St. Vincent. The quickest way is to go I376 to PA76 (Monroeville interchange - toll road). Head east towards Harrisburg. The first exit is Irwin and you will exit there. Get on Rt. 30 east and travel on that road until you arrive at training camp. Enjoy!

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
117 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route from downtown to Latrobe

Rt30 is the quickest way to normally go to latrobe. But you asked about construction, so it depends on what time you leave latrobe. They're widening rt30 from Jeanette at what used to be Monsour Hospital to rt66 and they have been working at night the least 4 weekends I've been to Greensburg to see my in-laws that's including this past Sat. Rt30 is fine before and after that mile and half. So long as your heading back before 9pm evening should be clear.

Oviedo,FL
Level Contributor
78 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best route from downtown to Latrobe

Thanks to all. I will leave Latrobe around 6pm so I should miss construction.

5. Re: Best route from downtown to Latrobe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2015, 05:17