We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Wedding Anniversary

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
5 posts
Save Topic
1st Wedding Anniversary

My husband and I would like to celebrate our first wedding anniversary in Pittsburgh with an overnight on Dec. 16th. We would like to attend a show at the IMAX (We did this on our honeymoon.) and have a romantic dinner...but not over the top. As you all know the first year of marriage is tough financially. Any ideas on restaurants and accomodations that are affordable without losing the romantic element? We really appreciate your help!

Vacaville...
Level Contributor
676 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary

I would try the Priory Inn, located on the north shore, 614 Pressley Street, 15212. They do have a website, the price and reviews look great. They do have a more expensive "romance" package with champagne, chocolates, fruit, roses and such if you're so inclined.

As far as romantic dining, most that I know of are really quite expensive, as like 50+per person...hopefully someone else can help you with that.

Happy Anniversary and please let us know where you went for dinner and what hotel you chose, it does help others when posters come back with their comments and suggestions.

L

Pennsylvania
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary

Chick, Thank you for your recommendations! We really appreciate the help and I'll be sure to let you know what we end up doing!

Thanks again!

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
499 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary

People on this site say they get good deals on the Renaissance on Priceline. It's a very nice hotel. The Steelers aren't in town that weekend, so I can't imagine there would be a huge demand for rooms.

Particularly if you end up at the Priory, try Legends of the North Shore for dinner. It's a neighborhood restaurant with good, reasonably priced food. Downtown, Palomino is reliably good, and if you sign up on their web site they will usually send you coupons. More of an urban-modern atmosphere than romantic, but very nice.

Downtown has a lot of cheap restaurants and a lot of expensive restaurants, but not much in between. Will you have a car? It's a quick ride to Station Square and the Gandy Dancer is nice, plus you can ride up the incline, which is very romantic. Good luck, and welcome!

Saxonburg...
Level Contributor
328 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary

My husband and I have stayed at the Hilton, the Renaissance, and the Westin. We prefer the Westin (across from the convention center) mostly because of the Heavenly Beds. The breakfast at the Hilton was much better than the Westin's. We did not eat breakfast at the Renaissance because we already had other plans.

We just discovered Palomino's this year. We're going there this weekend. If you're thinking of going, make sure you make reservations. Both times we went previously, there was a note at the hostess desk that they could only seat people with reservations.

If you're looking for something else to do, the Pittsburgh Symphony Pops is having their Christmas show that weekend. We're going Saturday and Sunday. We've been subscribers for 20 years and this show usually gets sold out. You might be able to get higher seats at a more reasonable price; especially during the Sunday matinee.

Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure you'll have a great time! Happy Anniversary! We're working on our 27th.

Pennsylvania
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary

Thank you all so much for your suggestions! Due to unforseen events we've had to postpone our trip. Hopefully we'll be able to try again in a few weeks. All of your offerings sound so wonderful and we're extremely excited about trying as many as possible. I'll try to post after we reschedule.

P.S. Congratulations on 27 years! It is always such a blessing to hear about happy and long withstanding marriages in today's society!

Happy Holidays to you all!

6. Re: 1st Wedding Anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 15:19