We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to downtown

Which Pittsburgh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
mt. laurel, nj
Level Contributor
341 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to downtown

I'm considering taking my wife to Pittsburgh 2/16 - 2/18 to see a concert at M.B. Arena. I would stay at the HI Express on S. 10th St.(because of Priority Club Points) It appears a cab would cost roughly $50 to/from the airport. Is this possible? If so, what is the fastest and/or cheapest way to get to/from the airport to the hotel? There is NO hotel shuttle. Thanks in advance!!

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
499 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to downtown

The 28X airport flyer will take you from the airport to downtown Pittsburgh near the Hilton. You could catch a cab from there, it's only about 10 minutes, or perhaps the HI Express shuttle would pick you up from there-I know they do have a shuttle that takes people around town.

See www.portauthority.org for more details on bus schedules.

$50 seems steep though I don't really know about cab fare.Maybe they're charging you more for taking you into the South Side-if so, you could have them drop you at Station Square, and you could catch a bus down Carson to 10th at the subway station across the street. Good luck!

2. Re: Airport to downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 14:22