We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has Havana Joe's closed?

Which Pottstown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
438 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Has Havana Joe's closed?

They haven't been answering their phone for the past week. Man, I hope they're still open!

PA
Level Contributor
463 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has Havana Joe's closed?

sorry - they are closed.

Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
438 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has Havana Joe's closed?

Do you know when they closed? Was it not enough business?

PA
Level Contributor
463 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has Havana Joe's closed?

they closed right before

valentines day. business was good, but it was the owner's decision - didn't have time to deal with it. Isn't it a shame?

Southeastern PA
Level Contributor
438 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has Havana Joe's closed?

Yeah, I heard that they are school teachers and this may have been their first time as restauranteurs. It is a bummer. We tried Funky Li'l Kitchen back in Feb., and are returning on Monday for their St. Patrick's Prix Fixe. So, still a good restaurant in downtown. Different price range, hours and food, for sure!

Thanks for the info!

Havana
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Has Havana Joe's closed?

Hi, This is Havana Joe, I was told on March 19th,2007, that they wanted to sell the restaurant so I looked for other employment they were upset because I think they wanted me to come as a package deal or as I put it part of the furniture.. their reaction was we are closing... in turn I left and they reopened with a Line cook at best with my menu so no thought was put into that one... fired her and hired a tanning bed- car salesman as their new cook, and she recently had a baby, he works for a mortgage company which we all know what shape that line of work is in, so they had no time to devote to a full time restaurant,its a shame our parting was so one sided but thats the nature of the beast...I have no ill feelings towards them, I wish them the best, they have to look themselves in the mirror everyday...The Original Havana Joe....The Future looks very appetizing for me HINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Re: Has Havana Joe's closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Pottstown