We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meatloaf @ the Eagle

Which Reading hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cooperstown NY
Level Contributor
165 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Meatloaf @ the Eagle

I'm going to the Meatloaf concert at the Eagle,

I'm taking a bus in. is the bus station near the Eagle? Also need a hotel near the Eagle any

help appreciated! Thanks!

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
188 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meatloaf @ the Eagle

The Reading Bus Terminal is in the first block of South 3rd. You would walk 4 blocks up Penn Street to 7th & Penn (7th isn't a street it is railroad tracks). The Reading Eagle Theater is when they only use half or less of the Sovereign Center. So they are the same location.

The only hotel in the city is The Abraham Lincoln - A Wyndham Property. This is a historical hotel - very old I hear they have very small rooms but I don't know, only been there for wedding receptions and a prom. It is located at 100 North 5th Street (the 2nd block off of Penn Street)it would be a short walk from the venue. Look them up on google.

It might be wise to get a rental car and drive to the parking lots near the Sovereign Center. Then stay at a hotel outside the city. There is a Hampton Inn, Days Inn & Sheraton in Wyomissing. A Fairfield Inn is opening sometime in Wyomissing, not sure how soon. There are some hotels out of the city on 5th Street. Look on Trip Advisor.

Reading isn't like other cities (Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New York). The restaurants do stay open the nights that shows are held at the Sovereign Center and people walk from the restaurants to the venue. But there are no stores, or drug stores (like CVS or Rite Aid I mean). There is not a lot going on in the city at night that is respectable. It would be to your benefit to have a large group of people with you when you walk through the city after the show.

The Sovereign Center is very nice, with lots of restrooms, vendors, and great seats no matter where you are. And the parking lots are all nice and close to the venue.

Enjoy the show!

Cooperstown NY
Level Contributor
165 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meatloaf @ the Eagle

Thank you!

are you saying I should bring my

pepper spray?

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
188 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meatloaf @ the Eagle

I don't think that would do it. Go on www.readingeagle.com that is our local newspaper, read that everyday for a week, there is usually a murder a day. I would recommend eating at The Peanut Bar, Judy's On Cherry (expensive), or The Outside In (that is only one block from the venue).

We went to see The Blue Man Group, Cher and several other shows but when the show let out all the people walk to the parking lots get in their cars and go home to the suburbs. Maybe someone else who is more familiar with Reading at night will post and have a different opinion.

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
188 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meatloaf @ the Eagle

Read the trip advisor review of the Abraham Lincoln dated Feb. 2008.

Cooperstown NY
Level Contributor
165 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meatloaf @ the Eagle

I live near Albany (70 miles) and its the samething there. Crime in rampant.

How far is bus station to the Abe? 6 or 7 blocks?

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
188 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meatloaf @ the Eagle

No the bus station is on 3rd the Abe Lincoln is on 5th and the Sov. Center is at 7th. So it's 4½ blocks from bus station to venue and then back 2 - 3 blocks to the hotel and the 2 blocks back to the bus station. Short walk.

Cooperstown NY
Level Contributor
165 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meatloaf @ the Eagle

Thank you!

I got it all mapped out.

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
188 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meatloaf @ the Eagle

Gee that's ashame that Meatloaf is ill with the flu. I sure hope you will be able to get to the concert when it is rescheduled.

9. Re: Meatloaf @ the Eagle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 09:25
Get answers to your questions about Reading