We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Restaurant Gift Cert to give to a local? Let's Go PSU!

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
235 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
What Restaurant Gift Cert to give to a local? Let's Go PSU!

We were just in State College to watch the PSU VS Michigan game. We stayed with family (they live in State College) and wanted to send them a gift certificate to a nice restaurant in State College or the surrounding area. We'd like to stay away from the downtown area if possible (as this is what they do during busy weekends). Maybe something quieter, with great food on the outskirts of town (or a neighboring town)? We had such an awesome time, we want to show our thanks.

Any ideas???

Go State, Beat the Buckeyes!

New Freedom...
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What Restaurant Gift Cert to give to a local? Let's Go PSU!

WooHoo! What a great game huh (we were there as well!)

For your family, what type of food do they enjoy and how much are you looking to spend for how many people? There is Alto in Lemont (very close to SC) which is Italian and pricy but excellent!...cost for 2 without alcohol is probably about $50-60. www.altoitalian.com There is also Gamble Mill in Bellefonte which is nice and food is fine (I think people pay more for the atmosphere) but has a nice variety and is a pretty popular choice, http://www.gamblemill.com/

Carnegie House in Toftrees is also nice but very pricey and fairly stuffy!

Can't wait for the Lions to chew some buckeyes this weekend!!!

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
235 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What Restaurant Gift Cert to give to a local? Let's Go PSU!

Thanks! I think I'm going to go with Alto. They like Italian so that seems like a great choice!

Yeah, what a great weekend! The first quarter had us squirming but once we got the safety, things were AWESOME! It was our kids first time at a HOME game...it was crazy! I don't think my son knew what to do when we scored and the guy in front of us turned around and gave him a HIGH FIVE!

When we got home, the first two days he was singing the fight songs and every now and then he'll say "WE ARE...." I think we have them thoroughly brainwashed! :-)

Thanks for the restaurant recommendation...

WE ARE.............

New Freedom...
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What Restaurant Gift Cert to give to a local? Let's Go PSU!

I'm sure that will happen with our kids as well...my husband is a PSU maniac! Glad you had fun :)

4. Re: What Restaurant Gift Cert to give to a local? Let's Go PSU!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 11:20
Get answers to your questions about State College