We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels that are walkable from Bryce Jordan Center

Which State College hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
428 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels that are walkable from Bryce Jordan Center

Are there any hotels that are a reasonable walk from the Bryce Jordan Center, other than the Nittany Inn? We are going to see Carrie Underwood in November and I can't recall any other hotels in a reasonable distance.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels that are walkable from Bryce Jordan Center

The Penn Stater and Nittany Lion Inn are both a mile away.

Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
509 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels that are walkable from Bryce Jordan Center

There's the Hampton Inn on College Ave just east of Porter Road -- it's about a mile walk to the BJC. There's a Day's Inn downtown on Pugh Street, The Atherton Hotel (where I've not stayed), and the Nittany Lion Inn as well. The Atherton and Days Inn are downtown -- so it's a bit of a hoof but easily walkable (I just walked from Atherton and College Ave to Beaver Stadium this past weekend and it took about 1/2 hour -- less if you're a fast walker) or you can easily catch the Blue Loop (on College) or White Loop (on Beaver) which will take to for free around the campus and drop you right near the BJC.

There are also various hotels along Atherton Street, etc. that are not walkable distance, but have regular bus service (about every 45 minutes or so) to campus -- usually the Pattee Transit center or a downtown along College Ave. You can check the CATA website for routes and schedules.

Be aware that if there is a big game in town, the hotels tend to book up early or require multiple night stays and get very expensive.

Edited: 24 September 2012, 19:11
Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
509 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels that are walkable from Bryce Jordan Center

There's also the Hilton Garden and the Country Inn and Suites also on East College Ave -- they're a 1.5 mile walk down College Ave to Porter Road and up to the BJC -- but in a pinch, they could be considered walkable.

I would stay at the Hampton Inn or one of these (and hoof it or take a taxi to/from downtown - having them pick me up at one of the many bars downtime where we went to celebrate a win/loss) or the Hampton before I stayed at the Days Inn (which is in need of some major renovation) or the The Atherton (with which I have no familiarity).

Edited: 24 September 2012, 19:25
Harrisburg, PA
Level Contributor
509 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels that are walkable from Bryce Jordan Center

Oh ... and both the Country Inn and Suites and Hilton Garden say they offer "local event transportation" (check with front desk). So perhaps they have a deal which would eliminate some of the walking.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels that are walkable from Bryce Jordan Center

The Penn Stater and Nittany Lion Inn have shuttles too.

6. Re: Hotels that are walkable from Bryce Jordan Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 16:19
Get answers to your questions about State College