We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging football weekends

new holland pa
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
lodging football weekends

I am planning a surprise for my brother's 50th birthday -he just wants to go to a football game and spend the weekend in state college - he is an alumnus. Having trouble getting rooms for any home game in 2007. Any ideas???

Northumberland, PA
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: lodging football weekends

Off the top of my head, I don't know what to tell you. I used to work at the Sheraton Inn in Milesburg (now its a Holiday Inn) and we used to block the football weekends from the reservation system a year in advance. The only way to get a room was to book directly with the hotel and FULL PAYMENT immediatly at booking. It's used to very hard to find a room on football weekends and I doubt that it has gotten any easier.

My only suggestion is to call directly to the individual hotels and see how you make out, but, you probably can forget using any chain websites or web discount sites.

dan

new holland pa
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lodging football weekends

Thank you.

State College...
Level Contributor
214 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lodging football weekends

Try this link: visitpennstate.org/availability/index.cfm… . This is the Central PA Convention & Visitors Bureau, and it has availability for all lodging in the State College and surrounding areas. You can plug in dates and it will show you. You can always call them, too. I am not sure what you'll find for football weekends--those are the toughest, as they do get booked a year in advance--but this site may show you some hotels/motels/B & Bs that you weren't aware of. Good luck!

4. Re: lodging football weekends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about State College