We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noah

Which Strasburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
poughkeepsie
1 post
Save Topic
Noah

We are going to see Noah and I think we should be in the balcony to get an ariel view of the ark & animals but my friend thinks we should be on the lower level to see the animals up close & personal.

Where have you sat? Did you regret your seating choice? What do you recommend?

Edited: 29 January 2013, 03:30
6 replies to this topic
North Carolina
Level Contributor
208 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noah

We sat in the very back of the lower level, center aisle seats, for Jonah and thought our seats were the perfect choice. Even though the lower level is considered floor seating, it does slope up toward the back so you will have a good view. Hope we can go back for Noah this year....Jonah was fantastic!

Saxonburg...
Level Contributor
328 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noah

We went to see Jonah two times this past year. The first time we sat several rows back in Section 302. At Christmas with our children (grown) we sat in the first row of Section 304. We had no problems seeing from either seats. Our preference in all the theaters we go to is to sit one level up. Sometimes if you sit too close on the ground level in some theaters, you have trouble seeing everything on the stage. Maybe someone with personal experience sitting on the ground level in this theater will give their perspective.

Part of the Jonah show came out into the audience up and down the aisles. I don't know if they do this with the Noah show.

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noah

The original version of Noah did not have much action "high up" (unlike Joseph or Jonah), so I don't think the balcony would have been as desireable. This may change in the new version, however, since the special effects seem to be getting more dramatic with each production.

The center aisle on the floor would be where you will be closest to the most animals coming down the aisle.

As with all Sight and Sound productions, don't sit too far front, since so much takes place on the stages to the side.

Northern NJ
Level Contributor
82 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Noah

The best seats (IMHO) are sections 201 or 202, far enough back to take it all in but near not just the center aisle but also the aisle that goes across the back of the theater. The first few rows of 301 or 305 can be good too. Don't want to give to much away but the inside of the ark takes up both sides of the theater so you'll want to be far enough back to take it all in. And if you have time do the back stage tour, it was really interesting, you see it all, sound and lighting, props dept, costume dept, dressing rooms and the animal area and you get to stand on the stage. We had the best time and I've been recommending it to friends ever since.

Lehman, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
38 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Noah

I have been to Sight and Sound dozens and dozens of times and I personally recommend section 102 or 103 from row H or back . Aisle seats are preferable as the animals and actors will be so close that you can touch them!

If you do opt for balacony, go for section 303

pa
Level Contributor
801 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Noah

Just returned from our first time to Sight and Sound last night. We were in section 304 GG which wasn't too bad! I was told center section towards the back is the best seating for being close to the action which may be true, though I would not want too sit too far up! I was very skeptical about even going as our family has never went to a musical, but I was very impressed and thankful that our Pastor talked me into going! An AWESOME production!

Reply to: Noah
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Strasburg
More Strasburg Topics