We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lunch in strasburg near the railroad

Which Strasburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mdp
PA
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
lunch in strasburg near the railroad

Could anyone give me a few places you would recommend to eat close to the strasburg railroad. My husband and I have a 2 1/2 year old girl and are looking for kid - friendly / family restaurants that are not going to be pricey - just fun with good food! Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Sellersville, PA
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lunch in strasburg near the railroad

I would highly recommend Isaac's Deli, a small chain in south-central PA. They have a restaurant in Strasburg. Delicious homemade soups and sandwiches, as well as great salads. The menu is based on a theme of "birds", with all of the selections named accordingly. Also, great selections for kids! See www.isaacsdeli.com. On rt. 896 north of Strasburg, you can't go wrong with Hersehy's Family Restaurant, for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Another PA Dutch restaurant is Dienner's Country Restaurant. Continue north on rt. 896 to rt. 30. Turn right (east) about one mile to Soudersburg. Restaurant is on your left.

While they serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner buffets, oddly, they close at 6 pm most nights.

Their food is probably about as authentic (and cheap) as you will find. For some reason, the tourists don't seem to frequent this place--mostly locals. A fancier place is "The Dining Car" at the Strasburg Railroad. Meals are served in a turn-of-the-century wooden dining coach. A bit more upscale than those previously mentioned. Maybe not the place to take a young child?

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
442 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lunch in strasburg near the railroad

When I saw the topic, I was going to recommend Isaac's as well. We try to visit on every trip. I second everything gumrat has said the food there is great and it is definately family friendly.

HFC
Level Contributor
357 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lunch in strasburg near the railroad

How about ON the Strasburg Railroad? The Dining Car Restuarant has the Lee Brenner Car that serves lunch and dinner on the move from Strasburg to Leaman Place Junction (Paradise).

The Red Caboose Motel and Restuarant one mile east of the Railroad.

Dienner's Restuarant on Route 30 E where Ronks ends and Gordonsville, PA begins. About four miles from the Railroad.

4. Re: lunch in strasburg near the railroad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Strasburg
More Strasburg Topics