We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pocono hotel question

Which Stroudsburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
214 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Pocono hotel question

I am looking for a relatively new and reasonably priced hotel near Camelback ski resort, ideally with an indoor pool. Any suggestions of places to try (or to avoid)? I'm planning a trip with ten other families and don't want to be responsible for a bad hotel choice, so any help would be appreciated!

Level Contributor
16 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pocono hotel question

You want the Hampton. It's the newest hotel in the area, Tannersville where Camelback is might be about 5 miles away, and you don't have to be worried about a bad hotel. That said, I'm not 100% positive their pool is indoors. The web site does say they have a pool, and I believe it's indoors, but being somewhat local I don't stay there myself.

I do know that the Best Western has an indoor pool, but it's not new at all. It's generally not as well kept up as it could be, but also not a disaster. It sounds like you really want to not disappointe folks, so the Hampton is what you want. Just call them and make sure the pool is indoors. Then book it with confidence.

Sellersville, PA
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pocono hotel question

I concur with Sneezey. The Hampton Inn pool is indoors, and is one of the newer hotels in the area. Some of the others with indoor pools do not have the best track record in cleanliness and upkeep. I would also go with the Hampton, and if you're not 100% pleased, they will refund your money!

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
214 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pocono hotel question

Thank you for your help! Hampton Inn it is. I really appreciate the tip.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pocono hotel question

Yes you are probably better off with Hampton as it is newer. I try to stay away from the much older motels especially after having a very bad experience in one place we stayed during the summer (not Poconos but Tennessee)

Fresh Meadows, New...
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pocono hotel question

The pool is indoor and heated. Location in a very nice area. Staff friendly. Free continental breakfast and wi-fi in rooms. I'm writing this from Room 424 there right now! Stay here. Best hotel in the area by far! Ten families? Book early!---BEEBEE

6. Re: Pocono hotel question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 11:20
Get answers to your questions about Stroudsburg