We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route 6 and Route 15 - Suggestions?

Pennsauken, NJ
Level Contributor
18 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Route 6 and Route 15 - Suggestions?

Hello Trip Advisors!

Normally, my son and I travel through New England to view the pretty foliage this time of year. This year, we've decided to check out the foliage in PA. We have only ever explored the Lancaster/ Hershey/ Gettysburg/ Pocono areas prior to this, so this is our first time in the area.

We are planning to start out in the Wilkes-Barre (staying overnight in Clarke's Summer), then heading west on Route 6. Wellsboro sounds like a great stop per some of the forums, and then we plan to head south on Route 15, toward Lewisburg and beyond.

If anyone has any suggestions for fun pit stops along the route, I would surely appreciate your advice.

Thank you!

Amber

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route 6 and Route 15 - Suggestions?

The Hiawatha Paddlewheel Riverboat cruise in Williamsport is very nice. They have weekend cruises through October 25 - not sure how that aligns with your travel plans.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route 6 and Route 15 - Suggestions?

Here's the link, I forgot to post it.

http://www.ridehiawatha.com/

Pennsauken, NJ
Level Contributor
18 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Route 6 and Route 15 - Suggestions?

That looks like a lot of fun! My son would love it!

Thanks!

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Route 6 and Route 15 - Suggestions?

Don't know the age or interests of your son but another tourist spot in Williamsport is the Little League Museum.

www.littleleague.org/Learn_More/museum.htm

Here's another website that might be helpful to you - it's things to do in Lycoming County.

www.vacationpa.com/businesslistings.aspx…

5. Re: Route 6 and Route 15 - Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Wilkes-Barre
More Wilkes-Barre Topics