We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian grocery shopping in Wilkes Barre?

Which Wilkes-Barre hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Niagara Falls, NY
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarian grocery shopping in Wilkes Barre?

Hi, I'm a vegetarian and I'm spending a few days at the Econo Lodge in Wilkes Barre. I was planning on going grocery shopping and getting a few salad bar items and other things to put in my room fridge once I got there. I can bring some items from home, but of course I would want to buy veggies and other perishables fresh. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to shop? I will be driving, so I have no problems going to a place that's not right by the hotel. Thanks in advance.

Gettysburg PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian grocery shopping in Wilkes Barre?

There's a Wegman's not too far from the hotel. They have a huge selection.

Niagara Falls, NY
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian grocery shopping in Wilkes Barre?

Thanks. I've never been to a Wegman's, but I've heard they are the ultimate in supermarkets. I'm sure they'll have beyond everything I need.

Wilkes-Barre, PA
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarian grocery shopping in Wilkes Barre?

Hi there..Wegmans would be your best choice. They have an Organic section right in the store also. They are located on the corner of Coal Street and Highland Park Blvd. From your hotel you would want to make a right and another right at the 3rd traffic light....(the first traffic light would be at the McDonalds, the 2nd light would be at the sheetz and Khols) That would put you on Highland Park Blvd, and to access Wegmans you would make the next left. Also on the Blvd a little further up is Walmart and several chain restaurants and our Arena. Just past the arena is a gentlemans club, a mall, and several other shopping / dining areas so be sure to explore that area past the arena.

Scranton, PA
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegetarian grocery shopping in Wilkes Barre?

a "gentlemens club?" I'm not to sure you'll find any gentlemen there. And I'm not so sure that makes us NE PA locals look too good when we list a strip club as a big attraction to a visitor. It pretty much makes us look like derelicts.

Get answers to your questions about Wilkes-Barre
More Wilkes-Barre Topics