We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendations

Can anyone recommend a good local restaurant in the Williamsport/South Wmsport/Mountorsville/Muncy area for a family dinner? I would preferably one that is reasonably priced. I know there are several chains on the Golden Strip and near the Lycoming Valley Mall but I would like somewhere that is not a chain.

Mentioned in this post
Williamsport
Williamsport
Pennsylvania
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Bumping up hoping for a reply. Thanks.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

On a recent trip to Williamsport we ate at the Bridge Tavern at 222 Market St. in South Williamsport. When I see the name "Tavern" I imagine a dark, smoky bar that reeks of stale beer. From the outside it was a very unassuming little bar. When we walked in we were pleasantly surprised. It was a brightly lit, smoke free family restaurant. It had a bar, but most of the patrons were diners, many with children. The menu had wide variety of choices from sandwiches to full course dinners. The food was your basic home-style cuisine. The prices were at a par with most family style restaurants. The service was prompt and friendly.

For your basic home-style family restaurant in Williamsport PA I recommend the Bridge Tavern at 222 Market St South.

Mentioned in this post
Williamsport
Williamsport
Pennsylvania
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
833 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Le jeune chef is a great restaurant, it is a hospitality school for young students. It is very well priced for a nice meal. It is fine cuisine with many choices, plus either 3 course or 8 course meals, it is about 100$ for 4 people.

muncy
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

I realize this is 2 years too late....but incase other folks want to know. Being a local I'd recommend (not in any particular order)

The Bullfrog Brewery

DiSalvo's

Orlando's & Haywoods in Muncy

Peter Herdic House

Bridge tavern

Johnson' Cafe

Mentioned in this post
Bullfrog Brewery
Bullfrog Brewery
599 Reviews
Williamsport, PA
PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,133 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

Thanks for the restaurant recommendations - we have 2 more years of being in and out of Williamsport, so we'll check out some of your recommendations on our next trip.

Mentioned in this post
Williamsport
Williamsport
Pennsylvania
Berwick, PA
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

The Lodge is somewhere you should also try. We've never had a bad experience there.

7. Re: Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2009, 05:40
Get answers to your questions about Williamsport
More Williamsport Topics