We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog Friendly place to stay

Long Island
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Dog Friendly place to stay

Hey we want to bring our (trained) dog with us to block island. We are traveling from the montauk ferry. ANyone know if dogs are allowed on the ferry. I know the blue dory takes dogs... but if anyone know of any other or rental home/apartments let me konw please! Thanks!

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog Friendly place to stay

There shouldn't be a problem transporting a pooch on the ferry, but you could call the company to be certain. I know that on the boats from Point Judith and New London they only ask that the pet be well under control on a leash, if not in a "container" if they're small enough.

Good luck with lodging - I'm a cat person so can't help you with that one! My only suggestion would be to investigate the smaller B & B's, whose owners are likely to be flexible if not outright canine-friendly.

Canton CT
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog Friendly place to stay

The Blue Dory Inn is the only place on BI that accepts dogs. Excellent place - they have several sister inns on the island. My Tibetan Terrier was an annual guest for years - sadly, this is our first summer without him, so we're looking at other places to explore. But we've been very happy with Blue Dory and it's sister Inns over the years. GREAT chocolate chip cookies for happy hour too - don't miss them.

3. Re: Dog Friendly place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 14:26