We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottage for family with small children?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cottage for family with small children?

I hoping to be able and work out a last minute (maybe August) trip to Block Island for my family. We have two small children, so we really need a cottage - for kitchen as well as a place for us to relax during naps. Am I even going to be able to find something semi-affordable this late?

Mohegan Bluffs
Beaches, Geologic Formations, Hiking Trails
Mansion Beach
Piers & Boardwalks, Beaches, Biking Trails
Connecticut
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cottage for family with small children?

Your best bet is to call the Real Estate agents on Block Island that handle rentals. In this economy it is quite possible to find availability even in the peak summer weeks. Here is the link to Sullivan Real Estate, very nice people who we have been renting through for a long time.

http://sullivansalesandrentals.com/

Good luck.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cottage for family with small children?

Thank you! We have found a few cottage options.

Are there any inns that have small kitchens and maybe one bedroom suites?

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,811 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cottage for family with small children?

I just wrote a recent review of the Blue Dory where we stayed in one of their Waverly Cottage apartments which has a kitchenette with a large master bedroom. I would highly recommend it.

JDP

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,838 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cottage for family with small children?

If you're staying for a week, the Gables has a half-dozen one bedroom apartments with kitchens.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cottage for family with small children?

Thank you!

I'm looking into a few options. A few cottages, one by crescent beach and the other close to mansion beach. As well as a few apartment options near old harbor. And, will look into these suggestions as well.

6. Re: Cottage for family with small children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Block Island