We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newport - Block Island - Montauk by ferry & bike

Duxbury...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Newport - Block Island - Montauk by ferry & bike

Sorry.... but it's my first time posting a question and I realized the subject heading wasn't clear on my previous posting.

I am planning a solo trip to East Hampton and would like to get there by ferry and bike and leave the car in Newport, R.I. The only difficult part for planning this trip is that I don't know how difficult it would be to cycle from the Montauk ferry to 2 Holes of Water Road in EAst Hampton. The rest of the trip should be fine. I recently went to Block Island by ferry from Newport and found it was much more comfortable than the ferry from Pt. Judith. The Viking Fleet ferry arrives at 6:00 pm in Montauk. According to Mapquest, it is 13 miles from the Montauk ferry dock to my destination in East Hampton. My question is: Is it possible to bike this distance of approximately 13 miles? (at 6:00 pm)

I would like to make this trip by using ferries and a bike from Newport, R.I. and leave the car at the Ft. Adams parking lot. Otherwise, I would choose to drive to New London and take the car on the ferry to Orient Point. Please offer any suggestions for this trip.

Thank you.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newport - Block Island - Montauk by ferry & bike

Your plan sounds like fun actually.

Since you've posted twice here, and since the question really involves the distance from the Montauk ferry to your destination in East Hampton, I would put a post in the Montauk or Long Island forum.

Good luck

JDP

Duxbury...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newport - Block Island - Montauk by ferry & bike

Thanks for your advice, JDP, I'll do that. I've always wanted to see how far along the East coast you could travel by bike and ferry. This is a starter trip.

Cheers,

Pat_tricia49

3. Re: Newport - Block Island - Montauk by ferry & bike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 18:19