We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundromat?

London
Level Contributor
330 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Laundromat?

Does anyone know if there is a laundromat on Block Island?

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
221 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundromat?

Champlin's Marina runs a laundry mat (800) 762-4541

The 1661 Inn runs a laundry mat (401) 450-9261

Two services that wash laundry on the mainland and send it back to the island are:

Point Judith Laundry: (401) 789-2288

Get the Funk Out Laundry (401) 782-3722

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
8,049 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundromat?

I am skeptical about that 1661 laundromat. Does it really exist? Have you verified it personally? When I went there a few years ago I got some sort of story about the laundry machines only being for 1661/Manisees/Eureka lodgers and staffers.

Champlin's is legit though.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
221 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundromat?

The laundry at the 1661 is only a year old. It is a wash/dry/fold service. They charge about $1. Pound. If you drop off early in the am they will usually have it done by evening.

To be clear, none of these are technically laundry mats since you can't wash your own. I have used the 1661 and Point Judith Laundry and liked both very much.

London
Level Contributor
330 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundromat?

Many thanks all!

5. Re: Laundromat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:17