We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming from Martha's Vineyard ... advice how to get there?

Boston...
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Coming from Martha's Vineyard ... advice how to get there?

Has Quonset ferry been established? Looks like it was proposed this time last year but I'm not finding schedules, etc.

It's the only place I can find that MIGHT have arriving MV ferry in the same place as BI ferry.

If not, how far/easy/costly is it to get from Quonset to Pt Judith. Looks like 30 min by car but 1:30 by public transport (RIPTA??). Should I post in either of those forums?

Other ideas? Plane is possible (Cape Air services both?) but adds up fast $150 each person, each way is prohibitive for "quick trip" ...

PLEASE advise. This is for upcoming, passenger-only, summer travel.

Thank you!

Narragansett, Rhode...
Level Contributor
24 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coming from Martha's Vineyard ... advice how to get there?

The Quonset ferry has not yet happened.

They did add ferry service from Newport RI and Fall River MA to BI this year. Both are offered by Interstate Navigation.(blockisland ferry.com)

Cape Air would be a great solution as they fly to the island now.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
232 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coming from Martha's Vineyard ... advice how to get there?

Cape Air has service from one island to another through Green Airport in Providence. If you have several people you may want to charter a direct flight on New England Airlines1-800-243-2460.

If you take the ferry to Quonset you can take RIPTA bus service from Quonset to Point Judith. Use their trip planner at www.google.com/transit to find the quickest route. It looks to me like you could take the number 14 bus to the number 66 bus (Quonset to Salt Pond Plaza then Salt Pond Plaza to Block Island Ferry Dock).

Standard one way fare is listed as $2.00 per person.

You could take a taxi from Quonset to the ferry. I don't know the price, but you could call Wright's Oceanview Taxi (401) 596-8294 or Little Rest Livery (401) 294-1414

Best of luck with your plans.

3. Re: Coming from Martha's Vineyard ... advice how to get there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:16