We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newport Inn & Spa in Middletown

Boston
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Newport Inn & Spa in Middletown

Hi All - My husband and I will be in Newport this Labor Day weekend and we see a cheap room at the Newport Inn & Spa in Middletown. Is Middletown close to Newport? How is this place? Thank you in advance.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newport Inn & Spa in Middletown

Can't comment on the rooms, but it used to be the Ramada Inn up until this year....it's near the Navy Base so is popular with people visiting there and weddings. Middletown is the next town over from Newport and is about a 10 minute drive to Downtown area of Newport, depending on traffic. Factor in the cost of parking to your deal to see if it is worth it.

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newport Inn & Spa in Middletown

More info..the Hotel is on a Main Road (Rt.114 or also known as West Main Road) and is full of strip malls and chain restaurants.

va
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Newport Inn & Spa in Middletown

I have been to the Newport spa . it is very nice

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Newport Inn & Spa in Middletown

Middletown is ok but I am not a big fan of the Navy Base area. I would try to get a little closer to Newport. If you don't take my advice, call the board of health to check on any current complaints.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Newport Inn & Spa in Middletown

This is an old post from 2007 - let this post drop off the forum.

6. Re: Newport Inn & Spa in Middletown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 11:24