We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cottage Rental Rudeness

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
3 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Cottage Rental Rudeness

A friend that I recommended to call this rental agency just had the rudest experience! She called for info on a rental house and the office staff couldn't answer her questions factually and when she became frustrated they just kept putting her on hold and told her there was no manager and the woman who had the info wouldn't speak with her because she was getting upset. . . I'm so embarrassed that I recommended this agency! Has anyone else had such an experience with Durkin Cottages? Are they always this unprofessional?

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Newport
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cottage Rental Rudeness

No. But I would strongly recommend calling prior to July. After that I think if there is a potential renter standing in front of the office staff it will be a priority over a phone caller. By the time August rolls around it's slim pickings for rentals and all the good stuff will be gone anyways.

Burlington...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cottage Rental Rudeness

We had a great experience. We rented with four families from Canada and the US and Durkin was most helpful in all regards. I agree that you need to contact them in the non-busy season because it seems every third rental in Narraggansett area is a Durkin rental.

Lutherville MD
Level Contributor
14 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cottage Rental Rudeness

When will you be traveling? Blueberry Cove Inn has a 2BR apartment that might be available. We have stayed there a few times and it was good.

Honolulu, Hawaii
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cottage Rental Rudeness

We hired Durkin Cottages to manage a rental for us (we live in a different state full time) They were

HORRIBLE. I would never use them again or recommend them to anyone!

5. Re: Cottage Rental Rudeness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2016, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Narragansett
Recent Conversations