We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radisson North Charleston

Georgia
13 posts
Save Topic
Radisson North Charleston

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? I was thinking of staying this June.

A S
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Radisson North Charleston

Greetings! The Radisson North Charleston is a decent place to stay for that area. It is 10-15 minutes from the Downtown Historic Area and that can be okay when fighting traffic. They do have the indoor pool which most hotels don't have. They also have an airport shuttle. A restaurant on property make an easy meal outlet and they are close to everything on Rivers Ave. If you are interested in any tours, you may have to drive into downtown Charleston to absorb that energy.

CHARLESTON, SC
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
802 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Radisson North Charleston

My wife and sister in law stayed there once and it seemed fine. It has convenient access to all major interstates and there is plenty of dining around. If you wanted to take a different route you could go a little further on I 26 and stay at the Wingate or one of the newer hotels off of Montague Ave.

New york City
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Radisson North Charleston

Yes, I just wrote a review and becuase my husband tried to submitt the same review mine was kicked out. This hotel hires inmates from a Charleston, south Carollina Jail they work on a work release program. I don't know about you but I don't want anyone from a jail cleaning my room.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
360 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Radisson North Charleston

I personally try to avoid anything in North Charleston....Mt pleasant is a great place to stay.

West Palm Beach, FL
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Radisson North Charleston

Hi,

I see you are from Georgia. I have lived in Atlanta for over 17 years, but live in West Palm Beach currently. I have stayed twice at the Radisson Hotel Charleston airport for a week each time on business. (Once in March & May). I have stayed at other B&B's in the Historic area; however this hotel is the best value. This is a wonderful hotel, having completed a major renovation. Nice spacious guestrooms with Sleep Number Beds which are heavenly with upscale bedding. Beautiful baths with granite and designer bath products, as well as microwave/refrigerators in-room, with bottled water, and complimentary wi-fi and parking.

They also have complimentary airport shuttle which is available upon your arrival and free parking. I enjoyed the onsite restaruant and the atrium area which is lovely with indoor pool, jacuzzi, fitness center, and sauna. You can have your dinner, or glass of wine/coffee in the atrium area while working on your laptop as all wireless.

The staff is friendly and very accommodating! Great location between the airport & historic downtown. They offer a lot of special packages. I travel often and one of the best accommodations and value for this price with all the added amenities.

I would highly recommend!!!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Radisson North Charleston

What are you interested in doing while you are in Charleston? You will have to drive to pretty much anything you might be interested in doing - such as beaches, downtown attractions, plantations, etc.

North Charleston has a number of unsafe neighborhoods, so you will want to be careful where you go.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Radisson North Charleston

What are you interested in doing while you are in Charleston? You will have to drive to pretty much anything you might be interested in doing - such as beaches, downtown attractions, plantations, etc.

North Charleston has a number of unsafe neighborhoods, so you will want to be careful where you go.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Radisson North Charleston

Not sure why that showed up twice.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Radisson North Charleston

...interesting that this popped up from over 2 years ago. This is a place I would only recommend if you have to be near the North Charleston Convention Center or the airport for some reason. There are better properties with better locations and prices.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Radisson North Charleston

Blossom, I too thought it was a little odd that it popped up again with such a "rave review".

Seems a little suspicious.