We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood Restaurant

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Seafood Restaurant

Ok what is the best Seafood Restaurant in Charleston? Thanks!

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood Restaurant

In the historic district, we like Hank's Seafood. It is always busy, so reserve in advance if you want a private table or have a large group. Smaller groups can also eat at the "community table", but we think service and (maybe) food is better at a private table. There is a lively bar area where you can order starters while you wait.

tennessee
Level Contributor
183 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood Restaurant

We are always looking for good seafood every time we vist Charleston. I love good oysters and my husband could eat shrimp every night. I agree that Hank's is pretty good, but our favorites are The Boathouse on Isle of Palms..about 20 min. from the historic district and Water's Edge in Shem Creek, which is about 10 min. from the historic district.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood Restaurant

Cap'n D's is pretty good, but I don't think there's one downtown.

Sorry, I couldn't resist......;-)

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,998 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafood Restaurant

Floski - you are TOOOOOOOO funny!

Hanks is good also there are some good places on Shem Creek and the view is great!

5. Re: Seafood Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 03:17