We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay and eat?

fayetteville NC
1 post
Save Topic
where to stay and eat?

My huband and I are going away in July for a weekend in Charleston.

We are staying at the Fulton Inn. Has anyone heard anything about this place or has anyone ever stayed there????

I would also like some suggestions on places to eat that have a unique atmoshere.

Thanks,

aglory

Athens, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay and eat?

I don't know about the Fulton Inn (we just returned from a three-night stay at the French Quarter Inn), but I can recommend some restaurants: Bocci's, on Church St., Shem Creek Bar & Grill, on Shem Creek in Mt. Pleasant, and Poogan's Porch, on Queen St. All have great food and locations/atmosphere. If you are willing to drive out to Seabrook Island, eat dinner at Red Skye, for the food rather than the atmosphere. We spend at least three nights every year in either Charleston or Seabrook and always go to these restaurants for lunch or dinner.

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
236 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay and eat?

How funny! My husband and I are going away for the weekend to Charleston in July also! I just booked us at the Ansonborough Inn. I hope it is as nice as it looks on their website. Frodor's said it was good too so we'll see. Anyone know first hand?

I am loving all the suggestions!

Thanks,

CarolinaMom

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay and eat?

Interesting name, riverdawg.

I know it's a variation of the Georgia mascot but our local baseball team is called the Riverdogs! Ironic.