We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Hotel near medical university hospital in Charleston

Southern Ca
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help! Hotel near medical university hospital in Charleston

C'mon trip advisors! You have helped me in the past when I went to Mt. Pleasant to see my dad for surgery. Now I need your help again. Dad has had a stroke. He is at the medical University Hospital in Charleston. Can you recommend a fairly nice hotel close hopefully in walking distance. neither my sister or I do too well driving in unfamiliar territory. Last time my dad had me drive but navigated. If I have to I will drive too.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,771 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Hotel near medical university hospital in Charleston

Contact MUSC. They may have hotel arrangements, with special rates, shuttle service, etc., available for family members.

All best to you. I hope your dad will have a quick recovery.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
380 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Hotel near medical university hospital in Charleston

Try either the Residence Inn by Marriott or the SpringHill by Marriott both are on Ripley Point about a 5 minute drive from MUSC. Both hotels offer a shuttle to MUSC. The Residence Inn number is 843-571-7979 and the SpringHill is 843-571-1711. Both hotels also offer a full breakfast buffet every morning.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
380 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Hotel near medical university hospital in Charleston

oops...forgot to mention both hotels have special rates for MUSC patients...the Residence Inn is $109 for a studio/one bedroom (a queen bed and a queen sleeper sofa) and $169 for a two bedroom (2 queen beds, 2 bathrooms and queen sleeper sofa)...don't know the the SpringHill rates off the top of my head.

Southern Ca
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Hotel near medical university hospital in Charleston

Thanks so much to both of you for your input. I never thought about calling the hospital. And I will look into those hotels. I was feeling overwhelmed and now I feel like I have a plan. Thanks again!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Hotel near medical university hospital in Charleston

The Courtyard by Marriot is easily within walking distance and is a nice hotel. There are a few others nearby but I can't remember their names. The hospital should be able to help you (that was a fine recommendation, btw).

Prayers for your dad.

Southern Ca
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Hotel near medical university hospital in Charleston

Thanks Floski, it is at times like these that I am sorry I moved so far away to california! Well, my goodness! The hospital guest services depatment got me a room at the Best Western for 69.00 per night! What a deal! And my sisters hubby is going to be able to come along too, so he will be the driver. I'm flying out tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. and once again thanks to all who replied I love this web site. BTW, is that a picture of a pit Bull?

Southern Ca
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! Hotel near medical university hospital in Charleston

By the way, Floski, you were the one who helped me so much back in october 2005. My post was entitled "Charleston/Mt. Pleasant unusual request. I was petrified of that bridge and getting around....back then I was lilnell.....thanks for your help, past and present!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! Hotel near medical university hospital in Charleston

Our children have to go to Charlestion to MUSC (the medical hospital at Charleston)We always stay at the Residence Inn / Riverview location.They are safe and have really good rooms with free food for breakfast and social hour in the evenings.We can get to MUSC in 15 minuits with heavy trafic.There is parking right at MUSC for you and If you call MUSC they can get you special rates here and at other hotels.If you wish you can e-mail me and I will give you the number at MUSC to get the discounts.Hope this helps.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
746 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! Hotel near medical university hospital in Charleston

I also forgot to tell you MUSC has a shuttle to pick you up and take you to and from the hospital I have that number also if you need it.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! Hotel near medical university hospital in Charleston

di, you are so very welcome. I, along with O'Meila, JTMAY, SCBlossom, TravelGirl, Culturehound, KiawahVilla, and everyone else here really enjoy helping folks who are coming to our beautiful Lowcountry. Anytime we can help, whether we're thanked directly or as a group, we get pleasure from it.

I'm glad you got a room; IIRC, that Best Western is relatively new and very convenient to MUSC.

Prayers for your dad and you and your family.