We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daniel Island

Ky
Level Contributor
48 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Daniel Island

My dd is planning to run in the Daniel Island 5k when we are there. The pamphlet reads the race will end near Soda Water Grill, just wondering if anyone can tell me about this place?

We didn't know if we should stay there and look around or plan to go back to IOP area?

Thanks

Oh and thanks for posting the bus infomation I think some days we will need ride to downtown from IOP and Charleston Harbor Resort. We thought about the water taxi but we have other options.

again thank you

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
568 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daniel Island

Soda Water Grill is a restaurant on Daniel Island. They have good sandwiches, burgers and salads. They also have a full bar and outdoor dining. Soda Water is right across the street from the tennis center and is walking distance to the shops on Daniel Island. You would be fine to hang out at Soda Water Grill and Daniel Island for a 5K race.

Mentioned in this post
Daniel Island
Daniel Island
Charleston, SC
Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daniel Island

Are you asking if the area will keep your interest while you wait for dd to finish the race, or are you asking if you should find lodging on Daniel Island? (forgive my confusion!) I think you mean the former, in which case 5K is not all that far, there should be enough shops for the average window-shopper unless you walk fast.

Mentioned in this post
Daniel Island
Daniel Island
Charleston, SC
Ky
Level Contributor
48 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daniel Island

Sorry I really didn’t make myself clear

I was just wondering if there anything place special we should visit or restaurant we should try.

Honestly our list is long enough for Mt. Pleasant and Charleston (places to eat and visit) LOL

Actually I hope we are able to stay at the house one evening prepare a low country boil relax and enjoy the sunset

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Daniel Island

Sienna is an upscale restaurant on Daniel Island that gets fantastic reviews - I don't know if they're open for lunch, though.

Mentioned in this post
Daniel Island
Daniel Island
Charleston, SC
Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
368 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Daniel Island

Queen Annes Revenge is a good restaurant to hit up for lunch or dinner. I really enjoyed all the aunthentic pirate artifacts that they have displayed. I recommend the pecan encrusted chicken.

6. Re: Daniel Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 04:18