We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thrilling way to see Charleston from the water

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
380 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Thrilling way to see Charleston from the water

If you’re looking for a fun, fast way to see Charleston from the water, I definitely recommend a ride on one of Charleston’s newest attractions….THRILLER Charleston (www.thrillercharleston.com). The ride is a little over an hour and includes a free salt water facial and new hairdo! The power catamaran flies through the water while cranking out great hard rock and heavy metal tunes. One of the best parts of the tour was the very up close view of the Morris Island Lighthouse.

The ride gets a little bumpy and you most definitely will get wet no matter where you sit. There was a little boy about 3 on the boat and he got a little scared at times so just be cautious of the age of the kids you bring.

Again, I encourage everyone looking for a different way to see our city to take a ride on THRILLER Charleston. They are in their 3rd month of operation and I’d love to see them stay around for years to come.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Morris Island Lighthouse
Morris Island Lighthouse
330 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thrilling way to see Charleston from the water

Travelgirl - thanks for sharing this - it looks REALLY fun - but I have to admit it makes me nervous to think that they might possibly endanger dolphins and sea turtles with their high-speed wild ride. There hasn't been a time I've been on the water without seeing numerous dolphins, many coming very close to our boat out of curiosity, and even in a small slower boat it is easy to encounter a sea turtle since they are very slow to make moves in the water (I've seen one from a small boat near McClellanville and one on the way to Ft. Sumter, but considering the very limited number of times I've been on the local waters that seems too risky to me). Do you know what their "policy" is involving marine life?

Mentioned in this post
Fort Sumter Tours
Fort Sumter Tours
242 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,854 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thrilling way to see Charleston from the water

I agree w/Culture and also hope they are watching for non-powered boats like kayaks, which sit low on the water.

There are many of us who enjoy an occasional paddle in the harbor (sightseeing groups too, from Shem Creek). We always do our best to make ourselves visible, but it definitely helps if the big guy is also paying attention and looking out for the little guy!

Mentioned in this post
Shem Creek Inn
Shem Creek Inn
162 Reviews
Mount Pleasant, SC
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
380 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thrilling way to see Charleston from the water

From where I sat today, they did a much better job obeying Coast Guard regulations and looking out for others on the water than recreational and commercial boats. As far as their policy for marine life, you'll have to call them...wasn't something on my mind and judging from the fact no one else asked, it wasn't on theirs either.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thrilling way to see Charleston from the water

Sounds like a blast, TG!

We get a lot of queries regarding teens and younger folks visiting, and this sounds like it would suit them great!

Thanks for the cool idea.

5. Re: Thrilling way to see Charleston from the water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 09:33