We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bluerose Cafe in West Ashley

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Bluerose Cafe in West Ashley

On recommendations from my dental hygenist, Mrs. Floski and I finally tried this restaurant last night.

Why did we wait so long?

We really liked this spot when it was Amberjacks, so I should not have been surprised at how wonderful our meal was. Our server was wonderful and very attentive without being too intrusive, and she was very helpful with helping us with suggestions.

We started with a couple of appetizers - Baked Brie, which the wife liked a lot but since I'm not a huge fan, was good to me, and the Crab Bisque, which was very thick but soooo tasty. I heartily approve this choice!

I opted for the Friday night special, which was Filet Mignon with mushrooms, accompanied with mashed potatoes and green beans served al dente'. It was one of the best cuts of meat I've ever had! Incredibly tender and very tasty.

Wifey had the fried shrimp, which were big and very good. A few of them were just a tad overcooked, but overall it was wonderful.

We seldom do dessert, but couldn't resist trying the Buttermilk Pie. It was fantastic, and topped off a great meal.

I can't believe we had never tried this place, and now I'm on a mission to make up for lost time. They are only open for dinner Wednesday - Saturday, so don't get fooled. I understand that the Sunday brunch is to die for, so that might be a destination tomorrow!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
380 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bluerose Cafe in West Ashley

You found one of my favorite spots in town! I LOVE Blue Rose and Dennis! My mom and I were just saying the other night how we can't wait to have Sheppard's Pie there when it gets cooler!

If you get a chance to head over there for breakfast...definitely do! Their chocolate chip pancakes are delicious! There are a lot of regulars there every morning for breakfast which gives it a truly neighborhood feel.

Congrats on finding the spot...now get out there and make up for lost time!!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bluerose Cafe in West Ashley

It really is good but I forget it it there...kinda like the V-8 commercial!

By the way...I have heard from a friend that Blend on Ashley at Doughty across from MUSC closed.

3. Re: Bluerose Cafe in West Ashley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 08:20