We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need restaurant suggestions

Toronto
Level Contributor
520 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
I need restaurant suggestions

My husband and I will be in Charleston last week of April for 3 nights and need suggestions. Breakfast and lunch are pretty much planned but we're looking for suggestions for dinner. We'll be staying at the Charleston Place Hotel.

If you had to pick 3 which would be the "absolute must try"?

Thanks

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need restaurant suggestions

1. Magnolia's

2. Muse

3. Basil

In no particular order.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need restaurant suggestions

That is assuming you wish to stay downtown. If not, then that opens a whole new can of worms!

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need restaurant suggestions

Mine would be: Magnolia's, 82 Queen and Hanks.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,361 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need restaurant suggestions

I highly recommend Tristan and Cypress for really wonderful creative food in beautiful dining rooms.

Both are have modern decor and very inovative food.

Both post sample menus on their web sites. Tristan is a tremendous value as it offers a 3 course tasting menu for $30 (choice of any entree, appetizer and dessert) or four course menu for $40.

Toronto
Level Contributor
520 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need restaurant suggestions

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. We leave in a week and I'm so excited. I've been looking up some of the places we'll be visiting in Charleston and I can't wait.

I just found out we're seeing the Boone Hall Plantation and the Riviera Theater, we're also doing a carriage tour, a tour of Fort Sumter and Charleston harbor and playing golf at the Wild Dunes.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I need restaurant suggestions

Sounds like y'all are gonna have a great time!

Although I haven't eaten there, I've heard nothing but good about Charleston Grill.

Robert's is supposed to be incredible, too!

7. Re: I need restaurant suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 08:18