We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

InTown Suites in North Charleston - Any opinions?

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Huntsville, AL
4 posts
Save Topic
InTown Suites in North Charleston - Any opinions?

We've stayed at InTown Suites before while traveling but I've learned from experience that the majority of these hotels are located in seedy, unsafe & undesirable neighborhoods but some are not so I'm curious if anyone can tell me what type of neighborhood that this hotel is in.

InTown Suites

8082 Rivers Avenue

North Charleston, South Carolina 29406

I've read the 2 reviews here on Trip Advisor & basically all they inform you of is don't use the towels & sheets to wipe up coffee stains. :)

THANK YOU!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: InTown Suites in North Charleston - Any opinions?

Actually, the InTown Suites in North Charleston is not in a bad area. It is in an area that is mostly stores and strip malls, but not a bad place to stay. It is very close to Northwoods Mall, which is the area's biggest, and lots of good restaurants. It is not far from I-26, perhaps 3 miles or so.

Now, if you're coming here and your intention is to enjoy Charleston, then you're pretty far from downtown. It's probably 25-30 minutes via the interstate.

There is an InTown west of the Ashley, and it is probably about 10-15 minutes from downtown. It's in a decent area, as well - right on Savannah Highway (aka US Hwy 17), which is the major artery from the south that enters Charleston.

Huntsville, AL
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: InTown Suites in North Charleston - Any opinions?

Thank you for your advice. We're coming to Charleston because my husband has taken a job in Goose Creek so we're here for business, not pleasure...unfortunately.