We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Review 5-21 thru 5-26 part 3

Level Contributor
92 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Review 5-21 thru 5-26 part 3

Sunday- woke up and had planned to do Folly Beach. The weather was not planning for that. We headed toward Sullivan's Island and had breakfast at the Old Post House in the Village. We got seated right away in the Tavern side. My husband ordered the shrimp and grits and they were by far the best shrimp and grits we had on the trip. I had the Post House omelette that was also excellent and a peach bellini. After that we headed towards Fort Moultrie. We watched the video but did not tour the actual fort. We went over to the Water's edge and split the pesto grouper and mashed potatoes. Great view of the Shem Creek. Saw a dolphin. Had a great server, Jodie. Another great quote heard from another table, "I love seafood, I just don't like fish." We then went to the Yorktown etc. Got in the submarine. Not for anyone that is claustrophobic. Yorktown was okay but the tours are not as interesting as previous ones we had done. We then went back to the hotel and got ready to go on the dinner cruise.It is not something I would recommend unless you want to cruise and not see the sights on the water. During the cruise as they talk you past Charleston's waterfront the food is being served and you have to continue to run up and down the stairs to eat and see the sights. I would recommend the regular harbor cruise instead.

Monday- Breakfast at Gaulart and Maliclet. Only people there. It was good. I went on to Folly Beach and my husband took a gray line tour. I really liked getting to the beach and relaxing for a bit. I was a wee bit toured out. After we reconnected at the hotel,we went into town, walked about the art show for Spoleto, had an iced coffee at city lights. then dinner at Virginia's on King. Very good she-crab soup. Fried chicken was overfried. After dinner went to the rooftop bar had my last sweet tea martini as we watched the sunset. Thank you so much Charleston we loved the architecture, the people, the food, and energy. You have a lovely city and we thank you very much for letting us visit.

Oyster Point Historic Walking Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
Introducing Charleston
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours
Charleston in a Nutshell
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Palmetto Carriage Works
Sightseeing Tours, Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours
Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Review 5-21 thru 5-26 part 3

Thank you for visiting AND for posting your trip report!

Just to clarify for other visitors - Old Post House is in Mt. Pleasant's village, which is on the way to Sullivan's Island.

Berea, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Review 5-21 thru 5-26 part 3

I'm a great fan of trip reports, and your three-part posting is a gem. I love the bits of overheard conversation you quote. Like you I became fond of sweet tea vodka during our visit in April and was happy when my husband discovered a distributor back at home.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,986 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Review 5-21 thru 5-26 part 3

Thanks for the report!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,079 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Review 5-21 thru 5-26 part 3

What a great report. So glad you had fun. It's always nice to get in beach time after lots of stimulus overload!

5. Re: Trip Review 5-21 thru 5-26 part 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2009, 06:23
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor