We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Steak in Charleston

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
192 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best Steak in Charleston

My daughter fancies her self a connoisseur of fillet Mignon (she's 11!). I want to treat her to a nice meal when we visit during the labor day weekend. She doesn't like her steak charred on the outside however. Rather she prefers a tender surface- medium rare. Can anyone give me recommendations? We'll be staying at the French Quarter. Thanks!!!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Steak in Charleston

My favorite filet is at Atlanticville on Sullivans. The staff there is so accomodating, just tell them what you want. Labor Day is busy-make reservations herever you go.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
507 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Steak in Charleston

California Dreaming is always a great choice for steaks and seafood...and some of the best views of Charleston Harbor from any restaurant.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Steak in Charleston

The best steaks I've had in Charleston come from my deck. I have three huge T-Bones just dying to be the next victims on my grill tomorrow.

I'm actually serious; I pretty much can't afford steak around Charleston ever since the Sizzler closed up. Ryan's doesn't count!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,053 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Steak in Charleston

Floski, you crack me up! Have fun!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,434 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Steak in Charleston

Floski, I agree about the best being on the back deck, in all the years we've been going to the Charleston area, I don't know that I've ever had a steak there in a restaurant (we usually order seafood, something we don't have too often here in Central Ohio)!!!

I do read that Oak is good and probably within walking distance of FQ.

Charleston
Level Contributor
561 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Steak in Charleston

I love the Steak Diane at Cypress.

But Oak Steakhouse is very very good too.

7. Re: Best Steak in Charleston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Charleston
Recent Conversations