We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance Hotel - What's General Area Like?

Level Contributor
1,440 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Renaissance Hotel - What's General Area Like?

We are thinking about staying at the Renaissance in Charleston. I know the general area - but only on a map. There's one post here on Tripadvisor saying it's in a dark alley - which concerns me a little. I also get the general sense it's better just to park the car and just walk - no problem with that. However, are there decent (actually, good!) restaurants nearby for dinner, ones within walking distance? Would we be safe walking from restaurant back to hotel? I wouldn't expect that we'd be out later than about 7:30. Any advice is appreciated!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,175 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance Hotel - What's General Area Like?

Not only are there "decent" restaurants in walking distance, there are FABULOUS ones!! Most of the restaurants that you see suggested often on the Charleston forum are within walking distance.

Walking will be fine, I wouldn't think you would encounter any problems, even much later in the evening.

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,755 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance Hotel - What's General Area Like?

The location is fine. No problem.

atlanta
Level Contributor
579 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renaissance Hotel - What's General Area Like?

I have stayed there many times and have never had to use my car after check in, nor have I used a taxi. You can walk everywhere and I felt safe walking back to the hotel.

4. Re: Renaissance Hotel - What's General Area Like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2010, 05:16