We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

W. Ashley/Mt. Pleasant caterers?

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
W. Ashley/Mt. Pleasant caterers?

I am an experienced caterer's assistant and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good caterer in either area that is good to work for. I will be hopefullymoving one of the two areas in November and would love to start working asap. I have excellent references from my current employer, a caterer in Greensboro, NC.

Thanks!

Lil-stick

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
568 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: W. Ashley/Mt. Pleasant caterers?

I don't know if they are hiring, but we use Hamby's catering for everything. My firm also uses her for all corporate catering needs.

Their office is in West Ashley. They are a staple in the Charleston catering scence. Ms. Hamby has been catering for years, and has an outstanding reputation in the community.

Other excellent caterers with whom I have experience are Cru Catering (dowtown Charleston)and Events by Steven Duval

There are plenty of other caterers and I'm sure that many are excellent. These are the ones that I have the most experience with.

Good luck on your move.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: W. Ashley/Mt. Pleasant caterers?

Hi lil.

esgordon offered some great ideas. There are so many caterers in Charleston! Two that come to mind are Tidewater Catering, which specializes in BBQ and the like (and as a certified BBQ judge, I attest that Jimmy Hagood makes perhaps the best I have ever tasted) and also Jamie Westendorf's Catering, which I have never had but he is pretty popular (located almost directly across from Hamby's).

I don't guess you could pick a busier time to come as far as catering is concerned. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Perhaps we might get to meet you at an event!

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: W. Ashley/Mt. Pleasant caterers?

Hey thanks so much everyone! I do feel very confident and positive about being able to land a job w/ a caterer there. Like Floski said, it's the best time of year to apply, it's the busiest season. Plus I have a fantastic reference from the caterer I work for now.

Now, if I could just feel as confident about finding an affordable little rental place for me and my sweet old dog...folks are warning me about "sticker shock" reL the housing market down there.

Anyway, wow, thanks!