We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charleston Restaurants and Thanksgiving Dinner 2009

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southwest Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Charleston Restaurants and Thanksgiving Dinner 2009

My husband and I are traveling to Charleston for Thanksgiving (no kids!) and would like to gather a few suggestions on where to have Thanksgiving Dinner. We are staying on Market Street.

Any other helpful input would be much appreciated as this is our first trip to Charleston.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charleston Restaurants and Thanksgiving Dinner 2009

This was the topic a week or two ago, so please look back through recent posts. Here's the link which was posted at that time...

charlestoncocktail.com/event_thanksgiving.ht…

Charleston SC
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charleston Restaurants and Thanksgiving Dinner 2009

It depends on the type of Thanksgiving Meal you would like there are several very nice high end buffet style at $50-$75 a plate.

Grill 225- Excellent service and food traditional lowcountry and seafood.

Mills House Barbados Room- Traditional Southern Thanksgiving with excellent side dishes.

I have been to both of these locations. Another one I would like to try and have heard good things about is the Pennisula Grill.

If you want just a nice sit down meal with traditional choices and other options ,price $25-$30 I would suggest Poogans Porch, Swamp Fox at the Francis Marion Hotel. I have eaten at both places for Thanksgiving and it was done well.

Other places to check and see if they are serving would include Magnolias, Blossoms, High Cotton or Cypress these restaurants all serve traditional southern food and are excellent but I am unsure what they do on Thanksgiving.

Reading...
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charleston Restaurants and Thanksgiving Dinner 2009

All of the suggestions for Thanksgiving were great. I would especially agree with the recommendation to High Cotton. This restaurant is a step above a casual place, with a less hectic pace for diners. Good luck with your holiday celebration.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,702 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Charleston Restaurants and Thanksgiving Dinner 2009

Magnolia's, Blossom and Cypress are all owned by the same people. It is unlikely that all 3 would be open on a holiday. (but possible)

Also Magnolia's is the only one that serves traditional southern, albeit a little on the modern side. Blossom has more of a Mediterranean twist and Cypress is somewhat more upscale nouveau American cuisine.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
478 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Charleston Restaurants and Thanksgiving Dinner 2009

We have reservations for High Cotton for Thanksgiving - our first visit to

Charleston. Assume our 19 year old daughter will have the traditional turkey dinner they are offering but I already am contemplating straying and having shrimp and grits! Can't wait!

6. Re: Charleston Restaurants and Thanksgiving Dinner 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2010, 05:26