We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Tree

TN
13 posts
Save Topic
Big Tree

Leaving in the morning for a week and I'm trying to remember the big tree that I've heard. Anyone know what I am talking about???

Thanks!

Any other suggestions while there?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,306 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Tree

I'm guessing that you are referring to Angel Oak out on Hwy 61.

Fayetteville...
Destination Expert
for Seabrook Island
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Tree

If you're coming out to John's Island to see the Angel Oak tree, why not visit the Charleston Tea Plantation and Irvin House Winery (now home to Firefly sweet tea vodka and a new sugarcane rum) on nearby Wadmalaw Island? Be sure to check the current operating hours of all.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Tree

Angel Oak is out on Johns Island just off Maybank Highway (just past Main Road).

Charleston
Level Contributor
468 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big Tree

Here's a link.

http://www.angeloaktree.org/

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Big Tree

I just saw it on Sunday. it is really beautiful.

6. Re: Big Tree

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2010, 05:17