We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azaleas ?

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
89 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Azaleas ?

We will be arriving in your beautiful city one week from today. Does it look like the azaleas might be in full bloom by then? I am so hoping to see them, but know that we will have a good time visiting your area regardless.

I really appreciate all of the suggestions that SCBlossom, CultureHound, Floski, endosunshine, shanklmsw , Kiawabeth and others have made. The information you so generously share has made planning our trip so much easier. Reading a guidebook is great, but hearing from folks who so obviously love Charleston is very much better. I can hardly wait to visit the sites that you have excited me about

Please order some nice weather for us. We'll complete a trip report when we get back

Phoenix
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Azaleas ?

Could you share the recommendations for a visit to Charleston? My husband and I are visiting Charleston April 23, 24.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,406 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Azaleas ?

Barbiedoll - on the upper right of the forum page there is a section called "top questions about Charleston". Click on this and is will give you lots of ideas. Also read over the older forum posts for Charleston and you will find tons of info and suggestions. When you find out what you are interested in - we can help you narrow it down.

Roadtrips - I just got back to town myself and I see that some are blooming, I think you will be here at the right time.

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
89 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Azaleas ?

If you read previous posts they are filled with wonderful recommendations. The Charleston experts are so generous with sharing their insights. I posted a proposed itinerary not too long ago and they made terrific recommendations for me. Perhaps that post would be a place for you to begin looking, but I would read as many posts as you have time to. I personally looked over all 164 pages of them. They are filled with a wealth of information. Have fun!!!

Nazareth...
Level Contributor
89 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Azaleas ?

Thanks endosunshine. I was really hoping to hear that reponse

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Azaleas ?

The early azaleas have now started blooming but most have not started, yet. This warmer weather should get them going. The dogwood are about to bloom, redbud trees are in full bloom, Carolina Jessamine (our state flower) is blooming, wisteria are just starting to set buds. It should be beautiful for both your trips!

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Azaleas ?

Two of my favorite places in all of Charleston (if you hit them at the right time):

RIGHT NOW:

In the little park sort of across from the Mills House there is a tree that has two different color of blossoms. It is breathtaking! The way it peeks out of the wrought iron is just superb.

???another month or so???

The oleanders along the waterfront on East Bay near the Battery.

Charleston
Level Contributor
468 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Azaleas ?

An over the counter allergy medicine may be a good thing to pack in your bag. The pollen is covering everything with a sheen of yellow.

Davenport, Iowa
Level Contributor
125 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Azaleas ?

Just returned April 3, 2010. We only saw a few azaleas blooming. It is warming up a lot now. I bet they can go quickly. I was especially disappointed that we didn't get to see the full display the day we visited Middleton Place. Their brochure shows gorgeous blooms across a large area. I think you may hit it right. Everyone told us that flowers are very late this year due to cold weather.

9. Re: Azaleas ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2010, 05:16