We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good restuarant for sea food

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
38 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
good restuarant for sea food

traveling with 2 children 7 and 10 who want to eat seafood .......Please help with some ideas on where to eat ....Don't mind paying reasonable prices....as long as food is fresh and place is clean....but I repeat we really want seafood

Best Seller
Charleston’s Old South Carriage...
286 reviews
from US$26.00*
Charleston Food Tour
39 reviews
from US$60.00*
2-Hour Historical Walking Tour of...
86 reviews
from US$20.00*
Charleston Food Tour
100 reviews
from US$60.00*
Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good restuarant for sea food

There are tons of them. Where are you staying? and what is "reasonable" to you?

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
38 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good restuarant for sea food

we are staying near patriot park....and I would like to get out of the restuarnt for no more than $100.00 for all 4 of us and with tip.....

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good restuarant for sea food

Patriot's Point in Mt Pleasant? Go just down Coleman to Locklear's.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,717 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good restuarant for sea food

Almost every single restaurant in the Charleston area has seafood to some degree. Also on Coleman Blvd. but further down is Page's Okra Grill. They have good fried shrimp and fried fish, also good shrimp and grits. Lots of other "homestyle" dishes as well. (meatloaf, hamburger steak, etc)

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,854 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good restuarant for sea food

North of Mt Pleasant on Rt. 17 in Awendaw, SeeWee Restaurant is great for casual seafood dining. The vegetable sides are good, and the homemade cakes and pies are yummy! http://www.seeweerestaurant.com/

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
482 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good restuarant for sea food

If you’ve never been to the low country, you and your children would probably enjoy the experience of the Shem Creek area, which is just down the road (toward Sullivan’s Island) from Patriot’s Point. There you will be able to explore the docks, enjoy fabulous views, see the shrimp boats at the dock and if the tide is running, the dolphin will be feeding. We see dolphin there just about every time – they follow the shrimp boats in.

I recommend Water’s Edge (on the more expensive side) and The Wreck (although a few on this forum might disagree, we’ve never been disappointed there), but beware, although they are extremely family friendly, they do not have children’s menu and its cash only. http://www.wreckrc.com/images/MENU_DINNER.pdf .

On Mondays, Reds Ice House offers all you can eat crab legs for $24 (but of course they are Alaskan crab legs, not Charleston). Shem Creek Bar & Grill is on the other side of the bridge/creek and many families enjoy that as well. My final recommendation would be The Boat House at Breach Inlet (between Sullivan’s Isl. & IOP). A little more on the expensive side, but very, very good – and again, they have awesome views & the dolphin feed in the inlet when the tide runs.

I believe all these restaurants have websites you can Google for menus, and most have been reviewed here on Trip Advisor. Enjoy your visit!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good restuarant for sea food

Most of the restaurants have lunch specials and the lunch menu prices are usually cheaper, too. I would recommend Shem Creek area, too. You will see all sizes of boats from kayaks to knock-your-eyes-out big ones! RB's might be a good choice for lunch or The Wreck for very casual.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,717 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good restuarant for sea food

Vickery's on Shem Creek has an excellent view and is less expensive than some of the other restaurants on Shem Creek.

www.vickerysbarandgrill.com

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: good restuarant for sea food

Vickery's is my favorite out of all the Shem Creek spots but it's not long on seafood. The view can't beat.

And kv is so right-Seewee is great.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
9,519 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: good restuarant for sea food

We're also fans of the Boathouse, on the water, so kids will enjoy, as well.

Just about any of the restaurants we talk about here regularly have great seafood, read about them and then ask some more questions.