We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dog day care

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
madison wi
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
dog day care

We're staying in the downtown district in Charleston for 2 weeks. and would like a place to board our dog during the day. Any suggestions would be helfpful. Thanks

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dog day care

I'm sure there are more, but the only one I know of is West of the Ashley, about a 30 minute drive from downtown in traffic, but on the way if you are going to the gardens/plantations:

bbb.org/columbia/business-reviews/kennels-an…

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
482 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dog day care

I know two people that use Doggie Heaven. They have cageless boarding and day care: www.doggieheavendaycare.com/visiting.htm

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dog day care

I do not know of any downtown. The one Floski mentioned is on the way to the plantations and is good. There is a really good one on Johns Island on Old Pond Road off Main Road called Moonshadow - www.moonshadowkennel.com. I have used them for boarding when I travel and take mine there for baths. There are several in Mt P but I have not used them and have not gone to them to check them out.

madison wi
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dog day care

Thanks for all your suggestions. We researched Fetch on Ashley River Road yesterday and will check the other 2 you mentioned. You are all so helpful!

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
236 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dog day care

Try Camp Bow Wow of Charleston.

madison wi
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dog day care

Jennifer at Fetch on Ashley River Road wanted to say "thanks" for recommending her business. We boarded our dog there while vacationing and she and her staff were awesome. Thanks again.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dog day care

Good to know! Thanks for reporting back.

8. Re: dog day care

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2011, 05:16