We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast and Lunch options near Mills House

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
KY
Level Contributor
47 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast and Lunch options near Mills House

My wife and I are staying at the Mills House July 11-15 and would like to know of some "must eat at" breakfast and lunch options near the Mills House. Low budget would be best, but I don't mind to pay if it's really good. I don't mind to drive, but would rather walk.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
706 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast and Lunch options near Mills House

I'm sure folks here will be quick to yell "Joseph's!", but I won't ever go back. We went on June 7, and left pretty disappointed in the food and the prices. The uncaring attitudes of the staff didn't help make things better.

Charleston
Level Contributor
520 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast and Lunch options near Mills House

You will be a short walk to Broad Street, I would check out Fast and French (Gauliert and Maulich (sp?)), Blind Tiger Pub, and Brent's on Broad for good deli sandwiches. Of course 82 Queen is right there too and serves lunch.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast and Lunch options near Mills House

Diana's is right next to your hotel. I haven't been there in a couple of years, so I can't give a current rec, but it's very convenient. A little farther north on East Bay is Saffron's.

For lunch try Caviar and Bananas on George.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,793 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast and Lunch options near Mills House

Sermet's on King St. serves a very good and reasonable lunch.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast and Lunch options near Mills House

I like Sermet's too, and there's a good sandwich place "Ye Old Fashioned" on King Street. If you don't mind driving and are headed out to the beaches, I'd definitely recommend the Boulevard Diner in Mt. Pleasant. (they're closed Sundays)

KY
Level Contributor
47 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast and Lunch options near Mills House

Thank you all for the input. The hard part will be narrowing down the choices. I appreciate it and please keep the suggestions coming.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,984 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast and Lunch options near Mills House

There are MANY choices within walking distance of Mills House. Restaurants can be pricey downtown. The budget places will be out of the Historic District for obvious reasons. SNOB has a nice 3 course lunch for @ $10. High Cotton has excellent brunch on weekends although it is a little more expensive than the places that have been recommended. Poogan's Porch and 82 Queen are on Queen St. near your hotel. Also close by you'll find Hank's, Magnolia's, Blossom's, and Amen. Jestine's has traditional lowcountry lunch but there's often a wait and it's outside.

Less expensive places will involve driving. Like CH mentioned Boulevard Diner is great, as is Page's Okra Grill. Both are on Coleman in Mt Pleasant. If you want to drive even further out up Hwy 17 toward Awendaw you'll fine Seewee Restaurant, a local favorite.

There are great budget options West of the Ashley, but I'll leave the recs to those who know them better than I.

The best way to decide is to google the ones that appeal to you and look at their menus ahead of time.

KY
Level Contributor
47 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast and Lunch options near Mills House

Thank you all for the posts. We had an amazing vacation in Charleston. Please see my trip report.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g54171-i105-k37877…

9. Re: Breakfast and Lunch options near Mills House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 05:16