We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Sept Trip report

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Williamsport...
Level Contributor
417 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Early Sept Trip report

Our first adventure to Charleston was so incredible I already starting planning a return and passing rave reviews on to family members who will love this city for the beautiful homes, architecture, history etc. We travel for off the beaten path and more relaxed trips. Researching for a place to stay kept being drawn to Lavender and Lace B & B on Tradd St. Excellent choice(for us) for numerous reasons. With a name like "lavender"...hmmm check out my post name.. It is at a perfect location for relaxing and we were able to take our time and SEE unique things we wouldn't have noticed in a car. Parking off the street which was great and we walked EVERYWHERE except for those special moments of bike riding SOB(something we don't have much time to do back home). Did carriage tour with tour group with uniforms and red sashes. Our guide was wonderful and so many little details I had to jot them down to share with folks who will visit later. Ate at Hominy Grill for the shrimp and grits My first time and it was great. Did walking up and down King and Meeting to Market and the farmers area. Supper on the roof deck of charleston Crab house. Husband got the boiled pot of crab legs, mussels, corn, potatoes, shrimp, etc. Second day we ate at Jack's cafe near college. By no means "fancy" but food was plentiful and we enjoyed the non-touristy vibes. Did another carriage ride with another carriage company just to see what they might have to offer that was different. We wound up doing the same route but he put a different spin on it and gave other trivia. I will post a list of things we learned on the carriage tours seperately. Walked the battery, the waterfront, and historic areas.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,702 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Sept Trip report

Glad you had a wonderful time! Once you come here, you're hooked.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,916 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Sept Trip report

So much to see! When are you coming back?

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Sept Trip report

Good to know about the B & B & big thank you for also posting a review...

I loved your picture entitled: "driveway to street" on your B & B review....

Again, thanks for sharing; I am sure you'll be back! ;)

4. Re: Early Sept Trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2011, 06:24