We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happened to the Holiday Inn Historic District?

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Roseville...
Level Contributor
177 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
What happened to the Holiday Inn Historic District?

Last April we had a marvelous stay at the Holiiday Inn Historic District. The concierge, whose name was Kevin, was FANTASTIC--clued us in to all the best sites and restaurants. Has the Inn closed? What happened to Kevin?

Thanks for all possible help.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What happened to the Holiday Inn Historic District?

I saw a post by Kevin that the hotel was under renovation and should open again soon. You might search for the post on TA. The Mills House is a Holiday Day Inn property. It's quite nice too.

Mills House Hotel @ 115 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 843 - 577 - 2400.

http://www.millshouse.com/

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What happened to the Holiday Inn Historic District?

Here's Kevin's post. Should open in March. Give them a call.

Jan 18, 2011, 5:45 PM

I'm still here at the same location----it will just be a totally different hotel. We're being converted into a Courtyard by Marriott. We are totally gutting the old Holiday Inn and making the rooms much nicer, much more updated. The lobby and restaurant will look much nicer, much more hip and trendy. It won't look anything like the old hotel. It truly is a total overhaul and massive renovation, so we are closed until March 1 to complete the construction. Most of the same staff will be coming back, including me. .The new hotel will be called Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Historic District. You can still call the old number to make reservations. We'd love have you back to check out our new hotel!

Kevin McQuade

Chief Concierge

Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Historic District

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
993 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What happened to the Holiday Inn Historic District?

I tried to get prices for this NEW Courtyard on their website for a couple days in April - but said the place was not available??

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What happened to the Holiday Inn Historic District?

I'll give you a tip----you'll have much better luck getting accurate information about rooms if you call the hotel directly than if you do it online. Why? Because we were nervous about construction delays, we put out the more cautious view that we wouldn't be open online. But I was just in there the other day---we are getting very close and it looks like we will open March 1. But we still have a skeletal staff answering phones since we don't have any guests yet, so you will have better luck reaching someone if you call Mon-Fri 9-5. Just get a live person on the phone and you will be good. And if you do get rooms, I promise you one thing: I will plan an amazing trip for you!

Kevin McQuade

Chief Concierge

Courtyard by Marriott Charleston Historic District

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
993 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What happened to the Holiday Inn Historic District?

Hey, thanks for your response. I may just call and inquire.

I am currently booked at the Hampton Inn H.D. but since your place will be almost new, may consider if the rates are similar.

Are you planning any grand opening rates of any kind?

Edited: 21 February 2011, 04:50
usa
Level Contributor
216 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What happened to the Holiday Inn Historic District?

Could anyone please post the phone number for the hotel? Thanks

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What happened to the Holiday Inn Historic District?

we are on a Cosmos tour at the end of may and scheduled to stay here. Is that still in the works or is the name change going to cause a problem.

Our Atl. ht. is ++ and looked like a bad start. this hotel sounds like a real plus

SDRG

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,979 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What happened to the Holiday Inn Historic District?

Kevin,

Thanks so much for your post. It's always good to hear from you on here!

9. Re: What happened to the Holiday Inn Historic District?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 19:18