We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Andrew Pinckney vs. Harbourview

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, NC
13 posts
Save Topic
Andrew Pinckney vs. Harbourview

Is it worth it to book the Harbourview over the Pinckney for $150 more for a King room over a 3 night stay. The Harbourview looks so amazing, but it appears we would be happy with the Pinckney and use the $150 on good eats and such. Anybody have any advice?

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
482 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Andrew Pinckney vs. Harbourview

I’m a local and have never stayed in either, but I can tell you both have great locations as far as convienence goes. The Pinckney gets pretty good reviews while the Harbourview gets mostly excellent reviews. It really depends on how you plan to use your time and money. If you plan to spend a lot of time at the hotel, stay at the Harbourview (great views, more luxury). If you don’t plan on being in your room much, stay at the Pinckney. In other words, I recommend you spend your money where you spend most of your time.

oh
Level Contributor
121 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Andrew Pinckney vs. Harbourview

We stayed at Pinckney last year.Got a great deal from Hotwire. We parked and did not use our car for the 3 days. The room was lovely and comfortable. No elevator. We stayed in the original building and breakfast was across the street. Good meal and we sat outside on rooftop area. If the price becomes right we would def stay their again. This year we stayed at the Charleston Harbor and Resort. Good deal from bookit. They have trolly every 2 hours to historic district. I loved it. Big room. Lots of boardwalks to use,and on the ocean. This is in Mt pleasant.

Raleigh, NC
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Andrew Pinckney vs. Harbourview

Thank you both for your replies. it sounds like the Pinckney may be good enough for us and leave the Harbourview for another time maybe.

4. Re: Andrew Pinckney vs. Harbourview

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 14:17