We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

REstaurant Week

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago, IL
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
REstaurant Week

My MIL and I will be in Charleston Sept. 10th (late) thru Sept. 14th. We are staying in Mt. Pleasant at a B&B Plantation Oaks Inn. We just saw that Restaurant Week is while we are there. OH MY that put a spin on our planning. Does anyone know what the best choices might be and if it is really "a deal" or are we better off making a reservation and ordering off normal menus.

My Mother in law really wants to have some crab cakes and also shrimp and grits. I love all food except sea food. I know that is just not right but it's my deal.

Best place to get Pecan Pralines?

Thanks a million.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: REstaurant Week

You want reservations that week anyway.

Did you get a chance to look at the menus?

charlestonrestaurantassociation.com/charlest…

You'll see there are many non-seafood choices, so you should be fine. Several include shrimp and grits.

I also recommend Crave, off the IOP connector in Mt Pleasant, should you want to stay closer to your lodging.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: REstaurant Week

The best pralines are on the north side of Market Street near Meeting Street. Market Street Sweets. The make them right in front of you and give you samples. They even ship them for you. If they only took the calories out!

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: REstaurant Week

Opal, which is a new restaurant in the same shopping center as Crave is also good.

Another good Mt. Pleasant restaurant is Graze, which has excellent crabcakes. Graze is in a shopping center on Houston Northcutt Blvd.

Cypress in East Bay St. in downtown Charleston also has good crabcakes.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,898 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: REstaurant Week

We were happy when we ordered the "specials" in several restaurants. You don't have to tell them ahead of time, you can wait until you see the regular menu, as well, and order whatever you want.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,915 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: REstaurant Week

Some of the restaurants change their special menus daily and that some have limited quantities of the special menu items. I would look at both menus and then decide what to order. Be sure to make reservations.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
10,691 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: REstaurant Week

Market Street Sweets is definitely the place for pralines, nothing else compares. At Christmas I mail boxes of them all over the country for a "southern treat" for friends of mine.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: REstaurant Week

I like the crab cakes at the Long Point Cafe in Mt. P on Long Point Road. They come with asparagus spears and mashed potatoes and are wonderful.

8. Re: REstaurant Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 22:18