We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charleston is the friendliest city ever-trip report soon

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago burbs
Level Contributor
185 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Charleston is the friendliest city ever-trip report soon

LOVED Charleston so much!! The locals are THE BEST!! It makes me want to visit more often & even consider retirement there. I was so impressed with everything! Charleston was leaps & bounds better than Savannah (sorry) IMHO. I am a huge fan of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil so I was really excited about Savannah; however, after going to Charleston-Savannah couldn't live up to the friendliness of the locals overall, quality of restaurants, etc. I wished I had spent 3/4 of the time in Charleston & 1/4 of the time in Savannah. There were a handful of friendly Savannahians but Charlestonians were almost entirely friendly & welcoming! Trip report coming soon!

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Charleston is the friendliest city ever-trip report soon

In my encounters, it's always been the opposite. Everytime I've been in Charleston, someone has made me feel like I'm not good enough. I keep coming back though as I've found I can't let one or two bad apples spoil my trip but I'm a Savannah girl all the way.

chicago burbs
Level Contributor
185 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Charleston is the friendliest city ever-trip report soon

Ironically, the "someone has made made me feel like I'm not good enough" was how we felt in Savannah some of the time. MZVikkee-I'm glad you posted because it is good to hear a different opinion other than our family's perception! Re: Savannah, we enjoyed the Bonaventure Cemetary (Tour w/ Shannon Scott), The Paranormalist Tour (w/ Shannon also), Oglethorpe Trolley Tour, Leopold's Ice Cream & everything about the Holiday Inn Express.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,914 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Charleston is the friendliest city ever-trip report soon

I agree. Charleston over Savannah. There is more to do here and the restaurants anre great. Oh yes, I kinda like the locals, too! ;>)

4. Re: Charleston is the friendliest city ever-trip report soon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 16:15