We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Charleston this weekend. A few questions?

Indy
Level Contributor
998 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Going to Charleston this weekend. A few questions?

We are flying in tomorrow night. We are staying at the Embassy Suites Airport/Convention Center. We won't have a car. Can anyone tell me if there are casual restaurants within walking distance from the hotel for a late dinner and drinks around 9pm?

Next question. Saturday we are going to the Zac Brown Southern Ground Music Festival at Blackbaud Stadium on Daniel Island. Any estimates on how much cab fare might be from the hotel? I know that's probably a tough question. If not we will find out when we get there.

Unfortunately we are only going to have Sunday to explore the Historic District. We will probably do a carriage ride tour and lots of walking. Visit the market and just play it by ear. From reading reviews and the forum I am thinking for a good casual lunch with local fare maybe Jestines, SNOB or Toast. Comments?

Thanks for any help.

Mentioned in this post
Daniel Island
Daniel Island
Charleston, SC
Adventure Sightseeing
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Palmetto Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Oyster Point Historic Walking Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Lowcountry Legends
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Charleston this weekend. A few questions?

From the southerngroundfestival.com website, here are some taxi companies to phone with fare questions.

Yellow Cab

PH:# (843) 577-6565

Express Cab Company

PH: (843) 577-8816

Charleston Black Cab Company

PH: (843) 216-1206

Safety Cab Company

PH: (843) 722-4066

Coastal Limo and Taxi

PH: (843) 810-0110

Blue Wave Taxi & Shuttle

PH: (843) 735-0300

Jestine's has wonderful food, but the wait on a Sunday could be an hour. SNOB takes reservations. I would skip Toast. It suddenly got very chilly in Charleston - think about lunch at Fleet Landing where there are water views out of the wind!

Mentioned in this post
Charleston Black Cab Company
Charleston Black Cab...
233 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,994 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Charleston this weekend. A few questions?

There are several in a strip center across the street from your hotel. There is a Panera Bread Company, a Chinese restaurant (so-so not great), Big Billy's Burger Shack and a Starbucks. Going the other way a couple of blocks is Jim N Nicks BBQ, Golden Corral, Fatz, a sushi place (I have not tried but heard it was good) and tons of fast food.

I would go to either SNOB or Jestine's. If you go to Jestine's plan to arrive early to avoid the line.

Indy
Level Contributor
998 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Charleston this weekend. A few questions?

Thank you for the information and tips. Thanks for the cab numbers (I should have thought to do that myself) I called and got the rate. $26 if anyone is interested.

We will see if we can get down early enough for Jestines, if not we will try one of the others.

Glad to know we can just walk across the street from the hotel to get something to eat. I'm sure we will be tired and hungry by the time we get there.

Thanks again. Looking forward to visiting your city.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston
Level Contributor
3,994 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Charleston this weekend. A few questions?

I think there is also a Tex-Mex place there - La Hacienda, local chain.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Charleston this weekend. A few questions?

Fleet Landing is a great place for a casual lunch. Go for their Sunday brunch. Sit on their deck with a great water view. Good luck.

Fleet Landing Restaurant @ 186 Concord St., Charleston, SC. 843 - 722 - 8100.

http://www.fleetlanding.net/

Mentioned in this post
Fleet Landing Restaurant
Fleet Landing Restaurant
4,783 Reviews
Charleston, SC
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,467 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Charleston this weekend. A few questions?

I was going to guess about $30 for the cab fare, good to see that I am somewhat accurate. ;-)

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Charleston this weekend. A few questions?

You might want to check out Magnolia's and Husk for lunch downtown.

Indy
Level Contributor
998 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going to Charleston this weekend. A few questions?

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I think we're leaning toward Fleet Landing now.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,467 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Going to Charleston this weekend. A few questions?

Do be aware that the food at Fleet Landing is average, the main attraction is the location.

10. Re: Going to Charleston this weekend. A few questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 08:21