We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Weekend Getaway on a Budget

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Weekend Getaway on a Budget

Hello!

I am planning a weekend trip in Feb 2012 for our 3 year anniversary with my boyfriend and I need some suggestions on places to stay, things to do, and places to eat without breaking the bano. I'm in open book!

Isle of Palms...
Level Contributor
717 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Weekend Getaway on a Budget

What weekend? The Southeastern Wildlife Expo is the third weekned of the month, and it will be very busy, which means room rates will be higher. There's a lot to see and do with the Expo, but if that type of thing doesn't interest you, you might want to choose another weekend. Info on SEWE at http://www.sewe.com/.

2. Re: Romantic Weekend Getaway on a Budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 October 2011, 05:05
Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Weekend Getaway on a Budget

lol @ Mike Stone.... well its gonna be the weekend of Feb 17th... We are in our mid 20's and I am a foodie and culture kinda girl.... I have midsize pockets so something within that budget... put it like this... I can't afford the French Quarter Inn but I can go with a DoubleTree. Party, bars, you kno any 24 year old would get into

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Weekend Getaway on a Budget

That is the weekend of our trip and that's not our thing SEWE

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Weekend Getaway on a Budget

The SEWE weekend is a nightmare for anyone who's not here for SEWE. Lodgings might already be sold out. Think twice!

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Weekend Getaway on a Budget

:( that blows

7. Re: Romantic Weekend Getaway on a Budget

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 31 October 2011, 12:35
Beaufort, South...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic Weekend Getaway on a Budget

Just a thought, Betty. Just down the road from Charleston is Beaufort, which is like a small version of Charleston - very historic with great restaurants and nice lodging options, particularly among B&Bs. From Beaufort, you can easily enjoy a day in Charleston (75 min) as well as Savannah (60 min). Beaufort itself can be enjoyed for the day. From Richmond, Beaufort is about 6-7 hours away and is only 30 minutes further in the car than Charleston is from that direction.

More info on Beaufort:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g54135-c148454/Beaufo…

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,715 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic Weekend Getaway on a Budget

Beaufort would be lovely for a romantic break, as would Savannah.

Another possibility is to stay at one of Charleston area beaches. Folly Beach and Isle of Palms are only a 20 minute drive from Charleston's historic district; rental rates at the beaches will be low in February ... even during SEWE. And, even during February, walking the beaches is extremely romantic.

10. Re: Romantic Weekend Getaway on a Budget

Removed on: 31 October 2011, 14:35