We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to Buy Bag of Good Stone Ground Grits

Which Charleston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
729 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Need to Buy Bag of Good Stone Ground Grits

Is there someplace within the HD I could walk to and purchase a bag or is this mainly a grocery store item? Also, I'll be driving to Middleton place today so if there's a store on the way, I could buy it there. I can't find stone ground grits at home!

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to Buy Bag of Good Stone Ground Grits

I think they have Anson Mill grits at Charleston Cooks. You can also order them online:

http://www.ansonmills.com/index.htm

They really are the best.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to Buy Bag of Good Stone Ground Grits

You can also check out the Harris Teeter on East Bay Street, not far from where you are staying. I'm pretty sure they have them there.

Ohio
Level Contributor
729 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to Buy Bag of Good Stone Ground Grits

Thank you. I'll try both stores. After checking out Anson Mills' website, I know it's the Antebellum coarse grind that I want.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need to Buy Bag of Good Stone Ground Grits

If you can't find fresh-ground grits in Kentucky, it's because you arent looking. Anson Mills is in Columbia, miles and miles from Charleston. When you're in the Lowcountry, you should look for rice. Rice is hard to find - but if you want grist you should support local food providers in Kentucky.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need to Buy Bag of Good Stone Ground Grits

There is one shop in the new area of the city market that has grits and I believe, Carolina Gold rice. You could check that out also.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Need to Buy Bag of Good Stone Ground Grits

Check out dixienative.com. Reasonably priced and shipping is very quick.

Folly Beach, SC
Level Contributor
749 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need to Buy Bag of Good Stone Ground Grits

Again, original post from Nov. 2011

8. Re: Need to Buy Bag of Good Stone Ground Grits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 06:16